REF . AO287
BK Search is a recruitment agency specialized on the field of IT & DIGITAL. Located in Geneva, we support our clients through recruitment missions in European market.
Mandated by one of our clients, a leading luxury company based in Freiburg (Fribourg) region in Switzerland, we are seeking for a Backup & Storage – IT Engineer (F/M)
As a IT Engineer specialized in Backup and Storage, you are part of the Data Storage team within the Group Hosting Services department.
You will be the guardian of the data, in charge of
- deploying and supporting storage and backup systems across several locations around the world
- Challenging the status quo
- Adopting automatization and promoting an open NoOps culture.
In collaboration with the architects, you will be asked to develop, maintain and operate advanced backup and storage solution for the group that meet with the business expectations and processes RTO/RPO.
- Ensure that the Backup solution and policies are in line with the Group Technology Policy, that data are replicated and secured, available for a massive restore at any time.
- Be the guardian of the data, by deploying redundant and fault tolerant systems that protect data at all times.
- Ensure constant evolution and the product life cycle of all our backup and storage solutions across the different data centers in the world.
- Work in close partnership with the architecture team to evaluate, test, deploy other Backup and storage solutions that are in line with the global IT strategy.
- Promote Cloud adoption for data storage and backup technologies
- University/Engineering degree in IT
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Backup and Storage area within an international context
- Ready to participate in an On-Call rotation
- Fluent in English (willing to learn French)
- Excellent knowledge of backup technologies and products such as NetBackup, Veeam, Rubrik but also backup physical appliances such as EMC Data Domains
- Very good knowledge of storage technologies and products such as Brocade, Dell EMC, VMAX, VNX and NetApp technologies
- Good knowledge of Cloud storage technologies such as object and block storage
- Familiar with API consumption and scripting languages (shell, Python, etc.).
- Automation experience
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Pro-active & self-driven individual
- Strong analytical skills to provide integration recommendations
- Tackles new requirements with the “reusability” approach in mind
- Willing to travel for project needs or be on call when required