REF . AO273
BK Search is a recruitment agency specialized on the field of IT & DIGITAL. Located in Geneva, we support our clients through recruitment missions in European market.
Mandated by one of our clients, a luxury company based in Freiburg (Fribourg) region in Switzerland, we are seeking for a SQL Server Database Engineer (F/M)
The Database Architect is the technical service owner for the database hosting service for MS SQL Server and Oracle databases.
In this role he/she is responsible to :
- develop, build, maintain, support and document state-of-the-art SQL Server database hosting services to meet current and future business objectives.
- have an appreciation of how to best leverage database technology to address the business opportunities and challenges facing the company while at the same time ensuring that the company’s production databases offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
- help to design, define and plan effective and automated database hosting solutions with the architects
ensure that provisions from the group’s security standards and guidelines are part of all SQL server implementations.
- Empower the support (L1 & L2) teams for a wide range of operational, maintenance and support activities.
- Coordinate the technical activities, the skills-transfer and the handover to the support team.
- deploy, maintain and support database-hosting services deployed in several sites in Europe
The DB Engineer will work closely with the Head of Architecture and the DB hosting team, the Integration Manager Hosting Services, the support Hosting team as well as the engineers/architects from the Infrastructure department and collaborate on projects with an international team from the global IT community.
- Propose and define effective Database Hosting solutions
- Database Administration
- Support and Incident Management
- Respect Policies and Procedures
- Project work and Project Management
- Communication and Interaction with other Teams
- University degree in Information system
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as Database Architect with a strong expertise in database and systems architecture, design and development
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization using native SQL Server monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with database backups, restores and recovery models and integration with Veritas Netbackup backup software
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Detailed knowledge of SQL & T-SQL
- Knowledge in data structures, indexing, query design and data modelling
- Experience in using PowerShell and other scripting languages for task automation
- Basic knowledge of Oracle Database (version 12) administration to handle standard cases
- Experience in working with Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience with monitoring MSSQL database systems and integrating with Microsoft SCOM
- Fluent in English (C1-level)
- Ideally from a strong consultancy background
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Pro-active & self-driven individual
- Strong analytical skills to provide integration recommendations
- Tackles new requirements with the “reusability” approach in mind
- Design & Implements interfaces with modern design knowledge and using the latest communication protocols where feasible
- Willing to travel for project needs or be on call when required