REF . AO273
Database Architect @ End-user
SECTOR OF ACTIVITY: END USER
LOCATION : FRIBOURG CANTON
TYPE OF CONTRACT : PERMANENT
BK Search is an recruitment agency specialized in the field of IT & Digital.
Mandated by one of our clients, an industrial company based in Fribourg (Freiburg) region, we are seeking for a Database Architect (F/M).
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES :
The Database Architect is the technical service owner for the database hosting service for MS SQL Server and Oracle databases.
In this role he/she is responsible to :
- determine database structural requirements by analyzing the market, client needs, application requirements and current database hosting deployments.
- develop, define, plan and document effective on premise and cloud based database-hosting solutions
- have an appreciation of how to best leverage database technology to address the business opportunities and challenges facing the company
- ensure that the company’s production databases offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
- ensure that all of the database systems respect security standards and guidelines.
- explores new opportunities for the hosting of NoSQL database systems and Big Data analytics and develops strategies for these deployments
- standardize on premise database deployments worldwide and establish guidelines and procedures for database deployments in the cloud.
The DB Architect will work closely with the Head of Architecture and the DB engineering team, the Integration Manager Hosting Services as well as the engineers/architects from the Global Infrastructure department and collaborate in projects with an international team from the global IT community.
As an expert in his field, the Database Architect will be the main technical focal point for all database related consulting missions, especially during the planning phase of new projects. He/she is responsible to lead database related projects in close collaboration with the DB engineers, architects from other technologies, FTS Hosting and application development teams
- Propose and define effective Database Hosting solutions
- Database Administration
- Support and Incident Management
- Respect Policies and Procedures
- Project work and Project Management
- Communication and Interaction with other Teams
- University degree in Information system
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as Database Architect
- Strong expertise in database and systems architecture, design and development
- Minimum of 8 years of operational experience in administrating Microsoft SQL server
- Strong experience in data structures, indexing, query design and data modelling
- Strong background on database security, segregation of duties concepts and data encryption technologies
- Strong operational experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Detailed knowledge of SQL & T-SQL
- Good knowledge of Oracle Database administration and Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Experience in working with Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience in working with Linux servers
- Experience with monitoring of MSSQL and Oracle databases with Microsoft SCOM
- Experience with NoSQL & SQL databases, statistic and algorithms
- Strong skills in 3 procedural, object oriented programming languages (Python, R, C#, C++, Java, Powershell..)
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive and related software stacks
- Fluent in English (C1-level)
- Ideally from a strong consultancy background
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Pro-active & self-driven individual
- Strong analytical skills to provide integration recommendations
- Tackles new requirements with the “reusability” approach in mind
- Design & Implements interfaces with modern design knowledge and using the latest communication protocols where feasible
- Willing to travel for project needs or be on call when required